- +31 20 59 87145
- school of business & economics ( marketing )
- Assistant Professor
Ezgi Akpinar is an Assistant Professor of Marketing and member of VU University Amsterdam since September 2013.
She holds a PhD in Marketing (2013) from Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University. In 2012 she was a visiting scholar at Wharton, University of Pennsylvania. She received her Bachelors’ with honors in Economics and Business Administration from the Koç University and Master’s degree in Marketing from the Tilburg University. Before starting her academic career, she worked as a consultant in the Nielsen, conducting market research for clients in the FMCG sector. Ezgi has collaborated with several companies including Unruly and Google.
Ezgi has taught a variety of marketing courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels. These include Introduction to Marketing, Viral Marketing and Unconscious Processes in Consumer Behavior.
Awards, honors, and grants
- The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey, 2232 Scholarship, 2015
- EMAC McKinsey Marketing Dissertation Award, 2014
- 47th AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2012
- Wharton School Visiting Scholar Grant, 2012
- Erasmus Trustfonds Research Grant, 2009-2011
- Arthur C. Nielsen Global Team Award, 2007
- Nielsen Art Award, 2007
- Tilburg University Full Scholarship, 2005-2006
- Koç University High Merit Scholarship, 2001-2005
- MEF High School, cum laude, 2001
- Word of mouth and viral marketing
- Consumer behavior
- Akpinar, E. & Berger, J. (2015). Drivers of cultural success: The case of sensory metaphors. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology , 109(1), 20-34
- Akpinar, E. & Berger, J. Valuable Virality, under revision (3rd round)
- Akpinar, E., Verlegh, P. & Smidts, A. What Makes Consumers Share Product Harm Information, under revision (3rd round)
- Honorary member at VU Amsterdam and holds a position at MEF University, Istanbul