This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- +31 20 59 82399
- school of business & economics ( marketing )
- Assistant Professor
Peren Özturan is Assistant Professor of Marketing at VU University Amsterdam since September 2013. She holds a Ph.D. in Marketing (2013) from Koç University, Turkey. In her second year of the PhD program, she studied at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor with a scholarship from Koç University. She received her Executive MBA degree from Koç University in 2006 and her B.Sc. in Management from Middle East Technical University in 1998. Before joining academia, she worked in the financial sector for seven years with several roles in the economic research and capital markets departments and finally as a marketing manager, in charge of strategic planning and marketing communications of investment products. Her research interests include marketing strategy in tough economic times and marketing’s influence within the firm.
Awards, honors, and grants
- Koç University Graduate School of Business Graduate Studies Excellence Award, 2013
- Inaugural AIM - AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Bangalore, 2012
- 25th EMAC Doctoral Colloquium Student Fellow, Lisbon, 2012
- Marketing strategy in tough economic times
- Marketing’s influence within the firm
- Marketing Strategy (MSc Marketing)
- Marketing in Emerging Economies (BSc International Business Administration)
- Master Thesis Supervision (MSc Marketing)