What subjects are covered?
- The history of risk and risk management across the centuries.
- Different dimensions of ‘uncertainty’ and their translation into potential sources of risk.
- Qualitative and quantitative methods of risk measurement and risk management, varying from Stress Testing and VaR to Scoring Methods, Heat Mapping, Composite Risk Management and Enterprise Wide Risk Management.
- The workings of financial institutions, their products and the financial markets in which they operate.
- Financial frameworks and guidelines that are used by regulators/supervisors such as Basel and Solvency.
- Aspects of human behaviour, human choices under uncertainty and effective risk management in these situations.
- Learning skills to carry out academically responsible research and to arrive at better methods of risk measurement and risk management.