The KIN Center for Digital Innovation of Vrije Universiteit and MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) are joining forces to deliver a master class on managing employees beyond corporate offices. More and more, work takes place beyond the corporate office but these new ways of working present unique challenges. Join us on Friday, May 3 between 12:00-17:30 for an interactive workshop to learn what it means for an organisation to enable their employees to work remotely and how to build your own capacity to manage remote workers. If you are looking for answers to questions like these, this is your masterclass: What does it take to make remote working ‘work’ in your company? Which tools and skills make working anywhere and anytime possible? What are the downsides of remote work, and what challenges should you be aware of?
What you will do
You will work with MIT professor Kristine Dery to learn about current developments in how organizations are managing talent from a strategic perspective and what role remote work plays. Her experience with numerous international business cases will allow you to relate these developments to your own organization, and you will be encouraged to share your experiences.
You will dive deeper into the topic of remote work from a manager’s perspective with dr. Ella Hafermalz and Julia Schlegelmilch. They will introduce you to the challenges remote workers face, as a way to learn how to lead and engage distributed workers using digital tools. You will develop your leadership skills in an interactive persona exercise.
What you will gain
- From macro-trends to micro-realities: Understand and critically reflect on working remotely, on employee needs and on how this affects management practice
- Share your experiences and gain insights from others facing similar challenges and opportunities, making new connections socially and professionally
- Confidence in using digital technologies to make the most of anytime-anywhere work
- Go away with practical, implementable steps to put your learning into practice
Who should attend
- Managers and team leaders of (soon-to-be) remote workers
- HR professionals
- Companies exploring strategies for remote work
Dates & Sign up
The masterclass will be held on Friday, May 3rd. We will start around 12:00h with lunch and end around 17:30 with networking drinks.
Price: € 295,00 early bird (until April 12th) and DBI alumni / € 395 regular fee