The Technology and Innovation Community brings together scholars from different universities in the Netherlands and Belgium (and potentially beyond) who share a strong interest in theory on technology and innovation, in particular from a management and organization studies background.
The community provides a regular forum to discuss theory-informed technology and innovation research. There is a considerable number of technology and innovation scholars in the Netherlands and Belgium; however, they are scattered across universities and disciplinary backgrounds. This community provides more opportunities for to discuss work with colleagues, benefit from collective experience, facilitate interaction, and feel inspired by each other’s work. Moreover, the forum can be used to connect with international technology and innovation scholars visiting the Netherlands or Belgium (e.g. invite them to participate as discussants).
The community meets several times a year to discuss research-in-progress. Contributors do not present completed papers, but focus on manuscripts that still are in the making. These papers are circulated prior to the meetings. At the meetings, the community dissects the papers and gives in-depth comments with the purpose of helping improve the manuscripts.
In case you are interested in joining upcoming meetings, please contact Philipp Tuertscher (email@example.com) or Hans Berends (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- November 29, 2017 – hosted by the Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MSIE) at the KU Leuven (organized in collaboration with Rene Belderbos, Linde Colen, Stijn Kelchtermans, Bart Leten, Bart Van Looy) Theme: ‘Intellectual Property Strategies’. Contributions by Stijn Kelchtermans (KU Leuven), Marta Arroyabe (University of Luxembourg), Annika Lorenz (University Utrecht), Joseph Park (UNU Merit), and Michela Bergamini (KU Leuven)
- October 31, 2015 – hosted by the KIN Research Group, VU Amsterdam Contributions by Arie Rip (University of Twente), Greetje Corporaal (VU Amsterdam), Erik Stam (Utrecht University)
- May 29, 2015 – hosted by the KIN Research Group, VU Amsterdam Contributions by Dries Faems (University of Groningen), Raghu Garud (Penn State University), and Bart Leten (KU Leuven)
- October 5, 2016 – hosted by the Center for Innovation Research, Tilburg University(organized in collaboration with Arjan Markus and Marius Meeus). Contributions by Paola Criscuolo (Imperial College London), Remco Mannak (Tilburg University), Oana Pop (University of Hasselt Belgium), Koen van den Oever (Tilburg University)
- May 10, 2017 – hosted by the Institute for Management Research, Radboud University Nijmegen (organized in collaboration with Rick Aalbers, Robert Kok and Armand Smits) Theme: ‘Responsible Innovation’. Contributions by Jonatan Pinkse (University of Manchester), Annelies van Uden and Niels Sprong (both Radboud University) and Maryse Chappin (Utrecht University)