Deze pagina is verplaatst. U wordt doorgestuurd.
- +31 20 59 84489
- school of business & economics ( marketing )
- Assistant Professor
Before joining VU in September 2015, Francesca was assistant professor at HEC Paris. She holds a doctoral degree in marketing (2010) from Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University. She was a visiting scholar of the marketing group at Tilburg University and has taught academic courses at the Executive, PhD, MBA, Master, and Bachelor level in France, Italy, and The Netherlands. Her work has been presented at numerous conferences and published in journals such as Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Product and Brand Management, International Review of Retail, Distribution & Consumer Research, Micro & Macro Marketing and Revue Française du Marketing. She is a member of the American Marketing Association and the European Marketing Academy.
Francesca has supervised many business projects for companies such as Airbus, Carrefour, Danone, Franprix, HollandBike, L’Oreal, GlaxoSmithKline, P&G, Roland Berger, Unilever, and VivaSanté. She has organized events bringing together scholars and practitioners, as well as academic conferences in collaboration with INFORMS MSI, Journal of Retailing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science and ECODEC LabEx.
Awards, honors, and grants
- ECODEC LabEx Research Funds for 10,000 euro, 2015
- HEC Paris Foundation Research Funds for 38,000 euro for the purchase of an eye-tracker, 2015
- ECODEC LabEx Research Funds for 5,000 euro, 2014
- HEC Paris Foundation Research Funds for 60,000 euro, 2010-2014
- Nominated for the AMA Sheth Doctoral Consortium, 2007
- Nominated for the EMAC Doctoral Colloquium, 2007
- ERIM research funds for data collection support, 2004-2008
Francesca’s research focuses on retailing, in particular on the impact of changes in the retailing landscape on brand manufacturers’ performance. Her research takes the perspective of the manufacturer to investigate the consequences of channel changes (e.g., price wars, cross-chain effects, price promotions) and media changes (eWOM, social media).
- Price wars
- Price promotions
- Store assortments
- Online platforms
- Social media
- Sotgiu, F., & Gielens, K. (2015). Suppliers Caught In Supermarket Price Wars: Victims or Victors? Journal of Marketing Research , forthcoming
- Babic, A., Sotgiu, F., De Valck, K., & Bijmolt, T.H.A. (2015). The Effect of Electronic Word of Mouth on Sales: A Meta-Analytic Review of Platform, Product, and Metric Factors. Journal of Marketing Research , forthcoming
- Krafft, M., Goetz, O., Mantrala, M., Sotgiu, F., & Tillmanns, S. (2015) The Evolution of Marketing Channel Research Domains and Methodologies: An Integrative Review and Future Directions. Journal of Retailing , forthcoming
- Sotgiu, F., & Ancarani, F. (2005). À La Poursuite Des Déterminants Du Prix Dans Le Commerce Électronique. Revue Française du Marketing , 203(July), 119-32
- Sotgiu, F., & Ancarani, F. (2005). The Drivers of E-Tailers' Price Levels. International Review of Retail, Distribution & Consumer Research , 15(1), 75-89
- Sotgiu, F., & Ancarani, F. (2004). Exploiting the Opportunities of Internet and Multi-Channel Pricing: An Exploratory Research. Journal of Product and Brand Management , 13 (2-3), 125-36
- Ancarani, F., & Sotgiu, F. (2004). Alla Ricerca delle Determinanti dei Livelli di Prezzo Online. Micro & Macro Marketing , 2(August), 359-374
- Management Integration Project (MSc Marketing)
- Master Thesis Supervision (MSc Marketing)